Jan 27, 2010

Speech Wednesday

I have been scouring the internet and stores clearance sections looking for Montessori projects for Alexis and her siblings. While I was out after Christmas, I found plastic colored jems. I thought they would be great for sorting. So this is how I set up the tray. I recycled yogurt cups for the dishes.


Alexis knew exactly what to do when I put the tray in front of her. Using the tongs is very challenging for her. Manipulating utinsels is hard but I make her do it anyway.


When I am not looking she stops using the tongs and just uses her hands. It gets the job done sooner. I stop her and make her start over trying to use the tongs.


After a few more attempts,I just let her use her hands. She will sort them for awhile and then she gets bored. I handed her the bag to put the gems away and she plays with the bag for awhile. Putting the gems in and then pouring them out. Whatever makes her happy and out of her sister's hair.


I made these writing pages for Alexis. I laminated the pages so that she can use them over and over again. They have snowflakes and snowman on them which are some of her favorite things.


I had Alexis work on her speech. These are pages from when we were going to Speech. Alexis has to do work to earn the balls for her favorite toy.


Then she gets to play with them twice and then we do more work to earn them again. This toy was a motivator while Alexis was attending Speech therapy. So when I saw it at Target I had to get it. It was on clearance which was better.


Lexi likes this time of day on Wednesday. I think it is because I am just focusing on her. It is hard to share mom when you've had her all to yourself for most of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment