Jan 2, 2010

Eating, Eating, Eating

One thing that Alexis does that drives me crazy is her eating and food focus. She will say that her tummy is full and then go over to her sister's plate and eat off of that. She will then go into the kitchen and eat what ever she can get her fingers on. If I haven't gotten to the dishes right away, she will pick the food off of those dishes. It grosses me out and worries me. We keep a lock on the refrigerator and have the kitchen gated off, but it does not always work.

I am afraid that when she is out on her own she wont be able to control herself. It is almost as if she sees the food she has to eat it. I know that eating is a problem for 1p36 kids but usually it's the lack of eating. Her step father and I have started portion control at meals. We will give her half of the normal portion and then give her "seconds" to complete the portion. She usually gets down from the table after that. This ha s helped so far. I just can't get her to stop piecing off of other plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment